Did you know that Amber is generally considered as a gemstone? Although it's widely known as a fossilized tree resin, many use amber as a healing stone because of its symbolism and properties.
In this post, we'll unlock the meaning of Amber, its benefits, and how it can help transform your life.
In this article
Amber is a unique gemstone that symbolizes protection, often believed to ward off negative energies and provide a sense of security.
The gem's warm, golden color signifies positivity and happiness, while its soothing properties make it a valuable tool for emotional healing and clarity.
It is also associated with enhancing mental focus and decision-making, making it a cherished gemstone for those seeking balance and inner peace.
8 Benefits of Amber
Aside from its deep cultural significance, amber is also revered for its benefits:
- Soothing Properties: Amber is believed to have calming and soothing properties, making it useful for anxiety and stress relief.
- Pain Relief: Some people use this fossilized tree resin for its supposed pain-relieving properties, especially for teething infants when worn as a necklace.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Amber contains succinic acid, which is thought to have anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce pain and discomfort.
- Energy Amplification: It's said to enhance one's energy and vitality, promoting a sense of well-being and rejuvenation.
- Balancing Emotions: Amber has been used traditionally to help balance emotions and improve mood, making it potentially beneficial for those dealing with depression or mood swings.
- Enhanced Focus: Some people use amber to improve concentration and mental clarity.
- Energetic Cleansing: Amber is thought to have the ability to cleanse and purify one's energy field, helping to remove negativity.
- Aid for Sleep: Amber is believed to promote better sleep and is sometimes used as a natural sleep aid.
Amber is a stone thought to have strong healing powers. It takes in bad energy and changes it into good energy. Amber links the mind, body, and spirit in harmony. This link helps to boost the body's own power to heal itself.
People feel more calm with amber around them. It helps clear their minds and bodies from harm or illness. Many think that amber can bring joy and get rid of sad feelings too.
Amber gem has strong ties to the sacral chakra. This chakra is important for balance and healing. This fossilized resin helps clear this energy spot in your body. It also aids in getting rid of bad feelings or thoughts.
Using amber for your sacral chakra can lead to many good things. It sparks joy and gets you free from harmful emotional chains. By doing so, it triggers your body's own ability to heal itself.
Amber is one of the top gemstones for Feng Shui. This gem cleans spaces, places, and people. It turns bad luck into good and calms the mind. The happy vibe of this stone cuts the chains of sad thoughts.
Many use it to fight off evil spirits too. Amber's power can heal not just you but also your home! Use amber as a decorative talisman so you won't fear bad energy when the stone is near. You will feel at peace in no time!
Amber is a gem associated with the zodiac sign of Leo. It is believed that wearing Leo gemstones can enhance the natural qualities of those born under this sign, such as their creativity, confidence, and leadership abilities.
The warm and vibrant energy of Amber resonates well with Leos, helping them to shine even brighter and attract positive experiences into their lives. Additionally, Amber is thought to bring good luck and protect Leos from negative energies or situations that may hinder their growth.
For Leos looking to connect with their inner power and radiate positivity, Amber can be a valuable gemstone to have in their collection.
History & origins
Amber is fossilized tree resin that hardened in million years. Several specimens have an estimated age of around 100 million years. The organic inclusions, like insects, discovered within them offer insights into the environment and animal species existing during that era. Consequently, both collectors and the scientific community highly appreciate them.
Amber is found in various parts of the world, including the Baltic region, Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Myanmar. Based on the sources of Amber, this gem can be categorize into different types, such as Baltic Amber, Dominican Amber, and Burmese Amber from Myanmar.
In Vikings lore, it is believed that the Amber gem was created from the tears of Feyja, the goddess of beauty and love.
Color Meaning of Amber
The color of amber gemstones vary, but it is most commonly known for its warm golden hue. This color represents warmth, vitality, and energy. This particular type is also believed to bring a sense of joy and happiness to those who wear or use it. It also symbolizes the sun and its life-giving qualities.
In addition to the classic golden shade, amber can sometimes have variations of yellow, orange, brown, reddish, green, or even blue tones. Each color has its own unique meaning and properties.
- Yellow Amber is associated with clarity of thought and mental focus.
- Orange Amber symbolizes creativity and inspiration.
- Brown Amber is often connected to grounding and stabilizing.
- Red Amber is all about feeling energetic and bright.
- Green Amber promotes good luck and longevity.
- Blue Amber represents adaptability and flexible thinking.
Some of the most popular forms of Amber are Baltic amber and gems with insects or inclusions.
Regardless of the specific shade, all colors of amber are said to possess cleansing energies that help remove negativity and purify one's spirit. This gem is highly valued for its ability to bring light into dark situations and promote positive transformation.
Overall, the various colors of Amber hold deep significance in terms of their energetic qualities and symbolism. Whether you're drawn to the vibrant gold or any other shade, wearing or using this hardened resin can invite positivity into your life. Thus, it helps uplift your spirit with its radiant energy.
How Much is Amber Worth?
Amber's worth varies depending on factors such as its rarity and quality, making it difficult to determine an exact value.
Most amber is worth $5 to $50 per gram.
Is Amber Rare?
Amber resin is not considered rare because it is found in various parts of the world. However, high-quality amber with unique colors or inclusions can be more valuable and harder to find.
The price of amber can also vary depending on its size, clarity, color, and origin. So, while it may not be rare overall, certain types of amber can still be highly prized by collectors and enthusiasts.
How to Tell if Amber is Real
To determine if amber is real, you can follow these steps:
- Check for imperfections: Real amber often has natural imperfections like tiny air bubbles or inclusions of insects or plant matter trapped inside.
- Perform a saltwater test: Dissolve 1 part salt in 2 parts water and drop the amber into the solution. If it is real, it will float due to its low density.
- Conduct a static test: Rub the amber against a piece of cloth vigorously. If it creates a static charge and attracts small pieces of paper or lint, it is likely genuine.
- Observe the temperature: Real amber feels warm when rubbed vigorously between your palms. Fake amber made from plastic or glass won't generate heat.
- Smell the aroma: Sometimes, amber may emit a subtle scent of pine when heated slightly with your hands or rubbed briskly.
How to Use Amber
Amber can be used in various ways to benefit from its properties:
- Wear Amber jewelry close to the skin to have its energy directly on your body.
- Place Amber stones around your home or workspace to cleanse the environment and promote positive energy.
- Use Amber during meditation or prayer by holding it in your hand or placing it nearby.
- Carry a small piece of Amber in your pocket or purse for protection and good luck.
- Use Amber during energy healing sessions by placing it on specific areas of the body that need healing and balancing.
- Create an amber elixir by placing a small piece of Amber in water and letting it infuse overnight, then drink the water to absorb its healing properties.
How to Cleanse and Charge Your Amber
To keep your Amber gemstone cleansed and charged, you can follow these simple steps:
- Cleanse your Amber by gently wiping it with a soft cloth.
- You can also rinse it under lukewarm water to remove any accumulated dirt or negative energy.
- To charge your Amber, place it in sunlight or moonlight for a few hours. This will help it absorb positive energy from nature.
- Another way to charge it is by burying the stone in the earth for a day or two. The earth's energy will rejuvenate the gem.
- If you prefer using gemstones for charging, you can place your Amber on a selenite charging plate or next to clear quartz stones overnight.
- Remember to cleanse and charge your Amber regularly, especially if you use it frequently for healing purposes.
Natural Amber has a powerful energy that can cleanse and renew. It heals the body, mind, and spirit while bringing happiness and protection. Its unique properties make it a popular choice for crystal healing and balancing energy.
So, if you're looking to promote relaxation, aid digestion, or improve mental clarity, consider the benefits of Amber.
Where can you mine Amber?
Ambers can be mined from various locations around the world. Some notable locations include the Baltic region (specifically areas like the Baltic Sea coastline), the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Myanmar (Burma). Amber found in the United States is mined specifically in New Jersey and North Carolina.
What is the rarest type of Amber?
The rarest type of Amber is often considered to be Blue Amber. It is a very unique variety valued for its intense blue fluorescence when exposed to ultraviolet light. Blue Amber is quite rare and highly sought after by collectors and jewelry enthusiasts.
How hard is Amber?
Amber is relatively hard compared to other organic materials. It has a hardness rating of around 2 to 2.5 on the Mohs scale, which measures a material's resistance to scratching. This means that Amber can be scratched with a moderate amount of force and is not as hard as many minerals commonly found in rocks and gemstones.
Why does Amber smell like pine?
The smell of pine in Amber can be attributed to the presence of resinous compounds that are similar to those found in evergreen trees, such as pine trees. These compounds can give Amber a distinct aroma reminiscent of pine.